AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected is an indie game which has been released on Feb 13, 2019. The game was developed by Aurelien Regard Games and published by Playdius and Plug In Digital, this game maker also made the game The Next Penelope. This game was released on May 30, 2015. In the game AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected, you play as a kid that is neither a hero nor a warrior. Yet with the power of friendship, you will overcome every obstacle in your way! A colorful adventure combining action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements.
Here is all about the game from steam below
About This Game
AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected is a love letter to Japanese animation made by a two-person team.
It invites you to a very unusual journey to a charming and wacky 3D world populated by 2D characters.
AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected is a short light-hearted story mixing action, silly discussions, rogue-lite elements and smashing a bunch of cute creatures to overcome every obstacle in your way.
A 3 to 5 hours’ journey around a colorful world featuring unique visuals, with 2D characters living in a 3D world.
Unravel a funny and light-hearted story, with just the right pinch of rogue-lite elements.
Recruit up to 8 quirky characters, each with their own unique abilities
An anime-themed soundtrack composed by Kazuhiko Naruse and sung by Aya Majiro!
“Dear Villagers, we may have released some evil forces while working. Sorry, be safe”, say the Labiworks signs all around.
Your neighborhood seems to require some serious monster cleaning. AWAY could have been one of these bloody FPS if only you were not a harmless kid armed with… a wooden stick.
As you throw yourself into danger investigating about missing parents and very strange events happening, you will have to find allies. Luckily enough your neighborhood is full of odd but powerful characters.
You may not be deadly but you’re super good at making friends! From the mine-throwing angry tree to the missile-launching robot or the fireballing yet short-sighted sorcerer, you’ll be in good company!
See the world through your allies’ eyes, first person style, whenever you call upon them. Beware, it can be quite a visual experience! And don’t exhaust them too fast, kiddo!
AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected was made by a two-person team composed of Aurelien Regard (self-made video game developer who previously released The Next Penelope) and Jim Gennisson (former level designer on Rayman Legends and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom).
- A pretty simple game with a simple gameplay loop. Make friends, get gold and bombs, then kill stuff till you either die, or get to the end, level up and gain access to new areas and abilities, repeat.
- Choose your path through the levels, uncover the light-hearted story, and above all, recruit allies.
- All the wacky and powerful characters you meet can be played in first person, and it’s up to you to find the right answers to get them to join your team!
- Idiotic workmen, MYSTERIES FROM OUTER SPACE, ODDBALL FRIENDS, AND FAST COMBATS AWAIT!
- Journey around a colorful world featuring unique visuals, with 2D characters living in a 3D world.
- Unravel a funny and light-hearted story, with just the right pinch of rogue-lite elements.
- A feel-good adventure with rogue-lite elements, where action meets cuteness and powers come with friendship.
- A love letter to anime and quirkiness from two indie developers.
Pros and Cons
- The art style is absolutely adorable.
- Controls are straightforward and easy to understand.
- The game play is a little repetitive, though. Combat is a little bit more difficult than anticipated, leading to a lot of running the same section of the game over and over again
Here is the full part of PC gameplay on YouTube.
PC Gameplay Part 1 -Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – All Crawl, Some Dungeon
PC Gameplay Part 2 – Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – We’ve Gotta Go Back!
PC Gameplay Part 3 – Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – Golden Gun
PC Gameplay Part 4 – Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – Groundhog’s Game
PC Gameplay Part 5 – Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – Trial and Error
Finale – Let’s Play Away: Journey to The Unexpected – Well That Was Certainly Unexpected…
- The Dead Tree of Ranchiuna – Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Voidship: The Long Journey– Walkthrough and Official Trailer
- Pathway: Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Rodent Warriors– Walkthrough and Official Trailer
- Revulsion – Walkthrough and Trailer
- Mr. Maze– Walkthrough and Trailer
- Yakuza Kiwami – Walkthrough and Review
- The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame – Walkthrough and Gameplay
- JUMP FORCE – Walkthrough and 7 Parts of Gameplay
- The Ballad Singer – Walkthrough and Gameplay