Glorious Companions is a RPG game which will be soon coming in 2019 Q1. The game was developed and published by Ancient Forge Studio. Glorious Companions is an online turn-based RPG where you compete with your friends and foes, trying to conquer the world using your own carefuly raised army! In this game, the player leads a party of fellow companions through tough times and become a renowned lord in the land of Navaroth. Watch your men suffer and celebrate, learn and grow. Guide them by example, fighting alongside on the battlefield.
Here is all about the game from steam below
About This Game
- Custom and gritty combat system: no one is invincible as a single well-aimed strike can take out a careless warrior.
- No battle is truly over until it’s over: eliminate the enemy captain to win the battle, but be careful as it works the other way around too!
- Tried and proven formula: the world of Navaroth has its roots in an original pen-and-paper RPG system featuring a science based magic system.
- Pick your side: become an ally to the vengeful Scarres or join the ranks of the wise Valrenay militia. More factions will be revealed during the development.
- Take care of your men: keep their morale high by serving them luxury food and alcohols, train them at special facilities when they gather enough experience and crucially – don’t let them bleed out after a tough battle.
- No two soldiers are ever the same: play to your units natural predispositions, train and equip them to your liking.
- New world on each playthrough: the continent and its political climate are procedurally generated at the beginning of every journey.
- Start small and expand: focus first on making a name for yourself as a lord by winning small skirmishes, or lay the foundations of a thriving merchant guild.
- More power means more responsibility: a wise leader is not merely an army commander; attend to a variety of political and economic issues as your empire grows.
- Danger from afar: try not to get too complacent, as the Ancient Guardians eventually wake up and threaten the known world.
Recruit and Customize Your Companions
At the very beginning there’s only you, your family’s grumpy servant and a rusty sword against the entire world. Forget about a big army of professional mercenaries, you’ll have to settle for a bunch of shoddy, club-wielding scoundrels as you work your way up and gain enough credibility and coin to hire better companions.
Remember that the journey is not a fairy tale. You will scramble for gold to keep your party fed, rested and more importantly, with their pouches full of coins – as your men will not stay with you for very long without their wages paid on time.
Your units earn experience points proportionate to their contribution on the battlefield. Send them to train in militia barracks or to master new abilities in distant shrines and they’ll come back stronger a few days later. You’ll be able to choose from a plethora of different equipment to gear them appropriately. Each item and armor piece has different qualities and there are no clear-cut best builds for every possible scenario – all the weapons are designed to be viable under favorable conditions.
Lead Your Men by Example
Folks say that a brave commander doesn’t hide behind their troops. What they don’t tell you, though, is that they’re usually not alive for their second battle. You’ll have to be very careful to not overextend and yet not appear too scared to join the fray, as your men will take notice of that.
Depending on your starting archetype your lord commander will provide a different aura that helps nearby companions. Fighter’s Command is a buff that will help you to build a protective formation around your commander by granting nearby units a shielding/parrying bonus for each ally unit in direct contact with one another. Skirmisher’s Path on the other hand, grants a dodging and mobility boost for nearby units who are not standing next to allies. You’ll unlock more unique commander abilities as you progress in the game.
Pick Your Own Path
The game is a big breathing world where things happen even if you stay idle or focus on doing your own thing. Decide between rising in the ranks of the chosen faction, or risk making more enemies by founding your own kingdom; between playing dirty and taking any advantage you can, or becoming an honorable hero; between making bank and making allies.
Your end game is dependant on your play style and the actions you took. There’s no set story in the world of Navaroth. You may end up managing wood supplies between a dozen cities you own. Who knows, you might simply enjoy the life of a vigilante’s band leader and decide to stay on the run. This is your story.
Here is the Announcement Teaser and prototype gameplay on YouTube.
- Element: Space – Walkthrough and 4 Episodes of Gameplay
- Adapt or Perish– Walkthrough and Official Trailer
- World War II: TCG – Walkthrough and Trailer
- Wraithslayer – Walkthrough and Early Access Trailer
- Battle Tanks: Legends of World War II – Walkthrough and Release Trailer
- Norpon – Walkthrough and Trailer
- Hell Warders – Walkthrough and Official Announcement Trailer
- Project Hastur – Walkthrough and Introduction
- Hex Defense: VR – Walkthrough and Official Trailer
- The Treehouse Man – Walkthrough and Release Trailer