RIOT: Civil Unrest is a simulator game which has been released on Feb 13, 2019. The game was jointly developed by Leonard Menchiari and IV Productions and published by Merge Games. Riot Civil Unrest is an indie game where you control either side of a real riot outbreak and it’s your job to strategies and keep the peace all while completing different tasks. It’s an interesting game with a good concept. If you don’t like RTS Games, you’ll probably don’t like this game.
Here is all about the game from steam below
About This Game
RIOT: Civil Unrest is a unique, thought-provoking experience that places you at the heart of some of the world’s most recent confrontations. Campaigns include: Indignados (Spain), Arab Spring (Egypt), Keratea (Greece) and NoTAV (Italy). Over thirty single level scenarios include: Gilets Jaunes protests in Paris, France; Financial reform protests in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Economic protests in Caracas, Venezuela; and the G20 Rote Flora clashes in Hamburg, Germany.
RIOT: Civil Unrest is a complex strategy game that sets players’ objectives for each scenario. It’s then up to the individual to choose how to tackle each situation, employing different strategies and tactics in order to achieve the perfect outcome. Discover if you can dispel an angry crowd or overcome a well-equipped militia with RIOT: Civil Unrest. Player performance is rated, aggression can lead to a quick, successful outcome but a softer approach may have the same resolution without damaging public opinion.
RIOT: Civil Unrest now boasts a powerful, Steam Workshop Editor that allows users to create and share their own scenarios too.
RIOT – Civil Unrest’s creator, Leonard Menchiari, experienced rioting first-hand at the NoTAV protests in Italy. He created the game to tell the stories and express the feelings experienced during these clashes. What triggers the crowd to behave with such anger and aggression? Often outnumbered, what does a police officer feel like during the conflict? RIOT – Civil Unrest presents the player with the opportunity to experience both sides of the fight – a fight in which there really are no winners. Who is right and who is wrong? Experience RIOT – Civil Unrest and draw your own conclusions.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical, and Ballistic squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannon or even a tank!
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Rioters (armed and passive) and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Sixteen campaign levels split over four scenarios; Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides – play all thirty-two levels as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode – play against the computer AI.
- Versus mode – play with or against a friend or AI on the same computer.
Create your own Riots with the level editor
- Name your riot, create a description of the event and add many other details (where, when, links etc.).
- Add your own background images.
- Place and edit sprites from a library with more than 700 objects.
- Add lighting and weather effects, vehicles, particles effects and filters.
- Customise the characters’ skins, clothes and gears.
- Set your own gameplay rules defining the rebels and police teams and their objectives.
- Share your levels on Steam Workshop!
Pros and Cons
- Police cars don’t work as they should do.
Here is the 4 episodeS of gameplay on YouTube.
Episode 1: Riot: Civil Unrest – Keep The Peace! – The Riot Simulator – Riot Civil Unrest Gameplay
In this episode of Riot: Civil Unrest, we do the mission “No TAV” as the rioters
Episode 2: Riot: Civil Unrest – Police and Civilians – Amazing Riot Simulator! – Riot: Civil Unrest Gameplay
In this video, we’re back out keeping the peace this time controlling the police side in Riot Civil Unrest on a new riot, “Indiginados”
Episode 3: The Most Dangerous Riot Yet! – Keratea Riots – Riot: Civil Unrest Gameplay
In this video, we’re in Keratea, Greece where the civilians are protesting the governments idea to build a huge trash dump, things get dangerous, quickly
Episode 4: Riot Civil Unrest – Bringing Out the Tanks! And Camels?? – Egypt – Riot Civil Unrest Gameplay
In this video, we’re in Egypt during the political riots as the police
- FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE ARDYN: Walkthrough and Gameplay
- RICO – Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Plane Mechanic Simulator – Walkthrough and 6 Episodes of Gameplay
- Touhou Luna Nights – Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Yakuza Kiwami – Walkthrough and Review
- Heaven’s Vault: Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Aurora Dusk Steam Age – Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Enderal: Forgotten Stories – Walkthrough and 3 Episodes of Devblog
- Staxel: Walkthrough and Gameplay
- Guacamelee! 2: Walkthrough and Gameplay